Tuesday 16 August 2011

New house, new school, new term!

Well the school year started today in Scotland and junior had a really good first day in 2nd year at his new school, made new friends already and even if they fall out, he knows he's got plenty more to choose from as he attends one of the biggest in Scotland:-)
I've been decorating and digging out weeds depending on the weather, and discovering that I can handle a drill for towels rails, make chests of drawers and beds!! I was never stopped from doing these things, just lazy as the husband always did them, I did do some bookshelves and small stuff to show my daughter that us girls can do some stuff though I had got much more laid back, so I've enjoyed getting to grips with some serious diy!!
The garden was a grass-cutters dream, that's all that had happened for about 6 years, borders, bushes and small trees all left to go their own way, so with the help of gardener daughter, her musician boyfriend, car-mechanic son in 'help mother' mode and youngest keen to do anything, we got stuck into various problem areas but I surprised myself and my new neighbour Tom by getting out a huge (though rotten) tree stump and nettle roots in a net round them!!
Lots more to do but a good start has been made inside and out :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment